In conjunction with Canon boast 'defined a new DSLR category' back in 2005, Canon released their EOS 5D model. The Canon EOS 5D model was the first 'full frame' sensor camera with a compact body; namely not having an integral vertical grip and have been very popular among camera enthusiasts mainly because it is less bulky then Canon EOS-1D, if you are looking for a full frame DSLR to use with your Canon lenses. With Sony DSLR-A900 and Nikon D700 in the market, it is timely for Canon to upgrade their EOS 5D model to Mark II.
Canon EOS 5D Mark II, is superior in terms of both resolution and features such as 21 mega-pixels, 1080p video, 3.0 VGA LCD, Live View, higher capacity battery and many others. In other words, this camera has surpassed both its direct competitors in terms of resolution (Nikon D700) or features (Sony DSLR-A900).
The Canon EOS 5D Mark II is equipped with Live View and anti-dust features as well. Other improvement from its predecessor are the DIGIC 4 processor; with 14-bit analogue to digital conversion. This DIGIC 4 has allowed Canon to slightly improve on the original Canon EOS 5D's 3fps continuous shooting rate to a new rate of 3.9fps.
Aside from capturing high quality still pictures it is also the first Canon's DSLR to boast video recording. The Canon EOS 5D Mark II is able to record video in full High Definition (HD) of 1920 x 1080 pixels (1080p) at 30fps. This is also the first DSLR to record video in glorious full HD and definitely best quality video recording by a still camera. Other improvement comprise of LCD screen size of 3 inch with 920k dot / VGA resolution. Owners of HDTV will be pleased that there is HDMI port for direct connection to HDTV at 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution.
As for more traditional photographic features, the Canon EOS 5D Mark II offers an improved viewfinder with 98% coverage, a shutter rated to 150k cycles and 9-point AF system with 6 AF assist points. This definitely the must have for all camera enthusiasts.
Following are Canon EOS 5D Mark II full features:
21 megapixel CMOS sensor (very similar to the sensor in the EOS-1D Mark III)
Sensor dust reduction by vibration of filter
ISO 100 - 6400 calibrated range, ISO 50 - 25600 expansion (1Ds Mark III & 5D max ISO 3200)
Auto ISO (100 - 3200) in all modes except manual
3.9 frames per second continuous shooting
DIGIC 4 processor, new menus / interface as per the EOS 50D
Image processing features are: 1. Highlight tone priority 2. Auto lighting optimizer (4 levels) 3. High ISO noise reduction (4 levels) 4. Lens peripheral illumination correction (vignetting correction)
RAW and SRAW1 (10 MP) / SRAW2 (5 MP)
RAW / JPEG selection made separately
Permanent display of ISO on both top plate and viewfinder displays
AF micro adjustment (up to 20 lenses individually)
Three custom modes on command dial, Creative Auto Mode
Image copyright metadata support
98% coverage viewfinder (0.71x magnification)
3.0 920,000 dot LCD monitor with 'Clear View' cover / coatings, 170° viewing angle
Automatic LCD brightness adjustment (ambient light sensor)
Live View with three mode auto-focus (inclusive of face detection)
No mirror-flip for exposures in Live View if contrast detect AF is selected
Movie recording in Live View (i.e. 1080p H.264 up to 12 minutes, VGA H.264 up to 24 mins per clip)
Two mode silent shooting (Live View)
New jump options in play mode
HDMI and standard composite (AV) video out
Full audio support: with built-in mic and speaker, mic-in socket, audio-out over AV (although not HDMI)
IrPort (supports IR remote shutter release using optional RC1 / RC5 controllers)
UDMA Compact Flash support
New 1800 mAh battery with improved battery information / logging
New optional WFT-E4 Wi-Fi / LAN / USB vertical grip
Water resistance: 10 mm rain under 3 minutes
For updates and reviews on other gadgets and gears please proceed to the following URL link: http://gadgets-gears.blogspot.com
Stephen Woon is an enthusiast in gadgets and gears. Aside from collecting gadgets and gears, he has a huge collection of movies in VHS, Laser Disc and DVD. Also and avid movies reviewer and aspiring screenwriter.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Stephen_Woon
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II HD Video. IN THE PARK.
- Video CANON EOS 5D MK II + CANON 100 2.8 MACRO
- Canon 5D Mark 2 II Young Moon HD Video
- Canon Eos 5D MK2 bigboat HD videotest
- Videotest Canon 5D mkII - Golden eagle in Norway
- Biggest Full Moon HD Video: Canon 5D Mark 2 II HD ...
- 5D Mark II HD Movie -- Lambogrhini Gallardo Spider...
- 5D Mark II test YOKOHAMA
- CANON EOS 5D MARK II SDHC-CF ADAPTER CARD TEST
- Nature footage with 5d MK II and 24-105 4L in HD r...
- Canon 5D Mark II Video BW Focus Test
- Wave Boarding shot on a Canon EOS 5D Mk II DSLR (W...
- Canon 5D MK II focus test HD
- Canon 5D MK II Test HD
- "Reverie" Short film demo , Canon EOS 5D MarkII HD...
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II video. BLUE SEA.
- Lumiere - A Short Film Made with Canon EOS 5D Mark...
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II 1080p Movie Sample
- First Canon 5D Mark II test video
- Canon 5D Mark II footage.
- Goldfish in 1080P - Canon 5D Mark II
- Bahrain in National Day - canon 5D Mark II 1st vid...
- Canon EOS 5D MKII Various Lenses video test
- Test 5D MK II Hamburg Video full HD
- EOS 5D MarkII + Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1.4/85 Test M...
- EOS 5D mark2 HD movie EF20mmF2.8
- Canon 5D Mark II HD Video Test - Santa Monica Beac...
- Canon EOS 5D MkII
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II First Impression Video by Dig...
- Canon Promises 21.1 Megapixels With 5D Mark II
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II DSLR Camera
- ▼ January (31)