Canon USA just announced the Canon 5D Mark II, continuing the tradition of offering full-frame digital SLRs at a significantly lower price. For the uninitiated, full-frame dSLRs feature an image sensor as big as a 35mm film frame, allowing more versatility in terms of photographic possibilities and usable lens.
This is powered by the DIGIC 4 image sensor, sensitivity up to ISO 25,600, and the ability to capture full-HD clips at 1920 x 1080 resolution-with a max of 30 minutes or 4GB (looks like Canon's stepping up to the Nikon D90's challenge). Whatever's captured is viewable via the 33 screen on the back, or by an HD display via the HDMI port.
Canon promises an SRP of "only" $2,699, which is a lot less than the initial $3,000 price tag of the first 5D. Check out all the details in the full press release.
HD and SD Video Capture
Canon has taken its expertise in imaging, photography and video capture technology to a new level with the EOS 5D Mark II Digital SLR. Answering the question of where SLR technology is going next, the EOS 5D Mark II features 16:9 Full HD video capture at 1920 x 1080 pixels and 30 fps as well as 4:3 standard TV quality (SD) video capture at 640 x 480 pixels and 30 fps, both capabilities appearing for the first time in a Canon SLR camera. Video capture is part of the camera's Live View function, using the Picture Style that has been set for Live View still image shooting. This allows skilled photographers and cinematographers to adjust image sharpness, contrast, color saturation and white balance, and have those settings apply to the movie image. When recording video, the camera's rear LCD screen can be letter-boxed by a semi-transparent border to match the aspect ratio of the movie recording size. Moreover, the EOS 5D Mark II camera's HD video capability enables new levels of creative expression through its unfettered access to the complete line of more than 60 Canon EF lenses, which provide an incredible variety of visual effects including everything from ultra-wide-angle and fish-eye to macro and super-telephoto, including many large-aperture L-series professional lenses that can keep the main subject in razor-sharp focus while blurring the background beyond recognition.
I can say that this is a great camera ever built by Canon. My cousin have this and I tried it myself. You can adjust image sharpness, contrast, color saturation and white balance, and have those settings apply to the movie image.
Check out all the details in the full press release.
Nico Uy, The owner of http://nicolokitnicos.blogspot.com/
For more information, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Nico_Uy
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II HD Video. IN THE PARK.
- Video CANON EOS 5D MK II + CANON 100 2.8 MACRO
- Canon 5D Mark 2 II Young Moon HD Video
- Canon Eos 5D MK2 bigboat HD videotest
- Videotest Canon 5D mkII - Golden eagle in Norway
- Biggest Full Moon HD Video: Canon 5D Mark 2 II HD ...
- 5D Mark II HD Movie -- Lambogrhini Gallardo Spider...
- 5D Mark II test YOKOHAMA
- CANON EOS 5D MARK II SDHC-CF ADAPTER CARD TEST
- Nature footage with 5d MK II and 24-105 4L in HD r...
- Canon 5D Mark II Video BW Focus Test
- Wave Boarding shot on a Canon EOS 5D Mk II DSLR (W...
- Canon 5D MK II focus test HD
- Canon 5D MK II Test HD
- "Reverie" Short film demo , Canon EOS 5D MarkII HD...
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II video. BLUE SEA.
- Lumiere - A Short Film Made with Canon EOS 5D Mark...
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II 1080p Movie Sample
- First Canon 5D Mark II test video
- Canon 5D Mark II footage.
- Goldfish in 1080P - Canon 5D Mark II
- Bahrain in National Day - canon 5D Mark II 1st vid...
- Canon EOS 5D MKII Various Lenses video test
- Test 5D MK II Hamburg Video full HD
- EOS 5D MarkII + Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1.4/85 Test M...
- EOS 5D mark2 HD movie EF20mmF2.8
- Canon 5D Mark II HD Video Test - Santa Monica Beac...
- Canon EOS 5D MkII
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II First Impression Video by Dig...
- Canon Promises 21.1 Megapixels With 5D Mark II
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II DSLR Camera
- ▼ January (31)